Ginger Berry Pound Cake with Vernal Elixir
Feel free to download, print or pin these recipe cards! Screen reader accessible version at the end of this post!
2 cups strawberries, halved
1 cup blackberries
1/4 cup Vernal Elixir Ginger & Hibiscus Honey
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon vanilla
½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a bundt pan or a 9x5 inch baking tin.
- Stir together strawberries, blackberries and Vernal Elixir. Set aside to macerate.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder then set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment cream the butter. Add sugar in and mix until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl down and beat a few more seconds.
- Add the eggs in one at a time while mixing at medium speed. Scrape the bowl down and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add the sour cream, and vanilla. Mix until incorporated. Scrape the bowl down.
- Add the flour mixture in and mix until combined. Scrape the bowl down and use your spatula to mix in any pockets of flour or butter that remain.
- Transfer batter into tin then give a quick smooth to even the batter out a bit. Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes or until the center is set and a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Turn out onto serving plate and pile your berries up on top of the cake or in the center of a bundt.